Whether you call them popsicles, ice pops, freezer pops, ice lolly, ice pop, ice block or ice drop, we all love them. Print out the recipe below 👇💕
Picture this: Its Sunday, you're laying underneath the shade of the maple tree in your backyard, next to your little vegetable garden. The sun's light is flickering through the leaves on a hot, July afternoon. Tired from a combination of the heat, gardening and watching the kids play, giggling away chasing the grasshoppers in the hedges. The idea of cooling off with a sweet, refreshing popsicle at this point sounds mouthwatering, the perfect way to end your day... but what if I told you I could make that vision even better.
A homemade, honey-sweetened popsicle recipe that you can make with the kids (because they'll be bound to love it too!)
Today I'll be revealing my SECRET healthy popsicle recipe. Whether you're trying to eat clean, or just being a bit more conscious about what you + the kids are consuming, these recipe's will give you the sweet relief you're craving... without the copious amount of added sugar.
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup honey
2 cups water
You'll also need:
Popsicle mold or ice cube tray + popsicle sticks
- Squeeze lemons to make 1 cup of juice, set aside.
- Bring honey + 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Stir for 2 minutes or until properly blended together. *You're essentially making what's known as the sugar-free version of a 'Simple Syrup', which normally consists of a mixture of water and granulated sugar.
- Next, blend 3/4 of a cup of the strawberries, then add honey water slowly.
- In a large bowl or pitcher, stir the remaining ingredients together, except the 1/4 cup of unblended strawberries.
- Place the unblended strawberries at the bottom of the popsicle mold, then fill the mold with the juice mixture.
- *If you have any remaining juice mixture, add some ice, some mint from the garden and enjoy cool refreshing drink*
- Freeze, then enjoy!
Click here to download + print out the recipe !
There you have it: my favourite homemade, healthy popsicle recipe to make with the kids, or just for yourself. Enjoy!